Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ralphie is a miracle cat

The vet called me back this afternoon (after two phone calls placed to the office by me - no I wasn't worried. LOL!) with Ralphie's test results. Believe it or not, my little booger boy had completely normal test results. No elevated white blood cells, no low red blood cell, liver function is fine, etc. The vet was amazed because she expected at least to see some liver issues due to the high dose of steroids my kitty is on. Nope, he's able to take it without any problems. Since the vet appointment, his appetite seems to have improved and he's drinking water. He's still kind of lethargic but not in a way that worries me. So, here's what I'm wondering... did he know that Molly (our dog) was put to sleep on Saturday and somehow he was bothered by it. He and Molly haven't seen each other in a year since the cats have been isolated in one room. So, how would Ralphie know?

Anyway, I'm very relieved and hope to have this cat around for many years to come. Okay, I know he's going to be 13 in May so not too many years but I'll take what I can get.

No comments: