Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shopping from my attic

Well, this week has been a success for me even though I haven't lost even a smidgen of a pound. The reason I'm feeling so chipper is that I went up to the attic today and dragged down a black plastic trash bag I had stuffed full of clothes last year, certain that I'd never wear them again. See, a year ago, I assumed that I was stuck in this post-baby body and that the slightly chunky look was where I was stuck. To my delight, I pulled one thing after another out of that bag and it fit me. A miniskirt that I haven't been able to wear in five years is fitting me perfectly now. I found four pairs of pants that I couldn't squeeze into and now they look great. A nice black suit from my corporate days fits me as well. My biggest triumph - the green dress I wore after my wedding fits again. I don't think I have the same body I did when I got married but I'm getting closer. Van Halen concert t-shirt here I come!

So, I didn't lose any weight last week and I got addicted to coffee again. However, finding that I'm fitting into clothes I gave up for lost is inspiring me to keep with the program. After one last cup of the evil coffee this afternoon I'm going to give it up again. I will also pay closer attention even when eating out so I don't overeat. I really need to learn to stop eating when I'm full no matter how good the food tastes. I will keep exercising except on days when I feel my absolute worst. I have to listen to my body and know when to stop after all. I also give myself one day off a week from the exercise to give my muscles time to heal.

I'm also feeling upbeat since the weather is beautiful. Right now it's sunny and 55 degrees outside. After the kids finish watching their TV show and have a snack I'm taking them out to romp in the yard. YAY!

No comments: