Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Love My Husband (No, Really!)

Our anniversary is still eight days away yet I've decided that this blog will express my appreciation for my husband because he has simply outdone himself over the past couple of days. We all went to my son's soccer game yesterday and he was a great Dad there to both kids. In the afternoon I took my son out to two festivals and when we got back there was my husband slaving over a hot oven. He made us brisket with carrots and potatoes and he threw together some knishes from scratch. That's not so easy when you can't use butter or eggs! He did a splendid job though. Today he made a special lunch for just him and me (kids got stuck with leftovers) and then he vacuumed and mopped the kitchen. I am overwhelmed. I don't know if this is all a result of my increased libido but hey I'm willing to keep that going if this is the reward! It doesn't hurt that I'm looking at my husband and thinking he's a hottie.

Of course, all these yummy foods are undermining my efforts to lose weight but I think once dear hubby returns to work on Monday I'll be able to get back on track with my diet.

We will be celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary on October 13. The traditional gifts are iron and candy and the modern is wood. I ended up buying him this beautiful wood bowl - hand carved from maple and I will also splurge on some gourmet candies. Unfortunately, I have a follow-up appointment with my neurologist that day but that won't take up the whole day and, really, what exactly can we do to celebrate the day with two young kids in tow?

No comments: