Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Procrastination... what else is new?

My husband's Aunt and Uncle are dropping in for a visit on Saturday morning. So, I have the ambitious plan to get the whole downstairs spic and span over the next couple of days. I'm going to clean the living room, family room, dining room, kitchen and powder room (half bath). Which one should I address this afternoon? Dust and vacuum the three easier rooms or address some of the scrubbing that needs to be done in the bathroom or kitchen? How about none of the above? I'm so not in the mood to clean and I can't motivate myself to get moving. I know these rooms aren't going to clean themselves and I will be horribly embarrassed if these people show up on Saturday and the house is in its current scuzzy state. My butt remains planted in my office chair. Sigh.

My grandmother (I call her Nana) turns 95 tomorrow. I guess I have a bit of good genes in my blood. We'll be celebrating with her on Sunday. So, yesterday I got my haircut. It's much shorter than I'd wanted but I think it's actually kind of nice. Check out my new profile pic. It's not looking as nice as the stylist had it yesterday but it's not too bad for not using a hairdryer or any styling tools, eh?

No comments: