Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fatigue Sucks

This was going to be a post about chronic fatigue syndrome and how it's affected my life. By the way, if you're a mom with CFS or fibromyalgia please check out my group on cafemom.com at http://www.cafemom.com/group/12347. We have a great bunch of women there offering information and support.

Anywho, this post is going to be a vent about my husband instead. I'm very angry right now so this may come out kind of harsh. We're both very tired (thus the title fatigue sucks) so I suppose I should give him a little leeway but I'm feeling cranky so he gets nothing.

This afternoon I sent my son into my daughter's room ahead of me after she woke up from her nap. He gets a kick out of being the first one in there and getting to play with her toys while she's still in her crib. She doesn't complain and I'm usually in there within a few minutes so it's not a problem. Today I took the time to go pee first and take my thyroid medicine so he was alone with her a little longer than usual. When I got in there he had managed to snag her butterfly mobile from pottery barn kids with a toy and had pulled a butterfly off of it. Here's PBKs pic of it.



I got very upset and started yelling at Joshua. My husband, who had been working outside all day and didn't have to deal with the kids at all, came in to see what was going on. When I explained how upset I was (with big tears rolling down my face as I struggled to fix the mobile) he began to lecture me on how it really wasn't that important if it was broken and to basically get over it. I know it was just a mobile and not worth the tears but I didn't need to be told that. I needed some sympathy. So, after trying to explain why this meant something to me and how expensive it was and blah, blah, blah he kept interrupting me. Finally I blurted out "stop talking to me like I'm a mental patient!" I then tried to explain more why this was such a big deal but he grabbed my daughter and stomped out of her room leaving me stunned and alone with my son who kept asking me what was wrong. When I finally yelled "don't walk away from me" he told me he couldn't talk to me right now in a very pissed off tone. So, I got my son out of my daughter's room, got him downstairs and grabbed the car keys. Then, I left the house and all this crap and went for a little drive to the post office. I wish it could've been something more exciting than that but I did have a package to mail for Ebay.

Real mature, eh? I just couldn't believe that my husband had walked out on me during a discussion. I used to get yelled at him for doing that very same thing in the beginning of our relationship and now here he was doing the same thing. Why is that acceptable all of a sudden?

Now he's acting like everything's peachy keen and back to normal but I'm still pissed. I don't want to just pretend that everything is ok when it's not. However, I feel like that's kind of immature. However, I know he's not going to bring this up or bother trying to apologize and frankly I'm too irritated and tired to try to work this out.

How can he just let something like this drop without trying to resolve the discord? He must know I'm still pissed.

Anyway, I managed to fix the mobile and warned my son never to touch it again.

I sooooo need to get a good night's sleep tonight.

No comments: