Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yummy muffins!


I found this great recipe called simple muffins today.

I use vegweb.com all the time for recipes even though I'm not vegetarian anymore because they have great ideas for desserts free of my son's allergens (dairy, egg, soy and peanuts). Not only was this a very easy recipe to make it really tastes yummy. I'm not supposed to have wheat since I have an intolerance for it but I couldn't resist sampling just one! Anyway, here's the recipe as I made it:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups organic brown sugar (I used raw sugar)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup water
1/4 canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
Now combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
Combine water, oil and applesauce and add to dry ingredients.
Place baking cups in a muffin pan (or use silicone muffin cups like I did on a cookie sheet) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
I had a yield of 12 muffins (picture only shows nine because we ate three before I took the shot!) but it really depends on how much you pour into each muffin cup.
These were extremely sweet and now my son is super hyper so I think next time I'll only use a cup of sugar.

No comments: