Sunday, September 21, 2008

My day of "relaxation"

My husband returned home last night from his week-long conference in Phoenix. I was so happy (and relieved) that he was back and was really looking forward to taking it easy today. Well, true, I didn't get in the car and drive anywhere today but I did the following at home:
Got Allison dressed and fed her breakfast; did a couple loads of laundry; unloaded and loaded the dishwasher several times; fixed lunch for both kids; cleaned up cooking messes from my husband and me; booked hotel reservations for next week's trip; fed the cats and gave them fresh water; cleaned up the mess the dog left when she tried to eat another diaper; took Allison for a walk; prepared rice and veggies for supper (husband did cook the fish); gave Allison her bath and got her ready for bed. Oh, and I wasn't able to take any naps today.

I'm not feeling very relaxed.:-(

On top of this my son's eczema started seriously flaring up this afternoon/evening for the first time in over a week. I'm not sure if it's because my husband's home (could he be reacting to soap or shampoo my husband uses?), he touched something he shouldn't have at the grocery store, there was a lot of irritating pollen in the air or he's reacting to the fish we had at supper. That last option is least likely since he's had this fish in the past without any problems. Regardless, I'm not happy. My son is scratching and it's only a matter of time before he scratches himself enough that he bleeds. Then we have to worry about an infection developing on his skin. I'm so tired of fighting these battles and not knowing what causes them. I'm tired of having to use heavy-duty medications knowing that they're not solving the problem. I'm also tired of my poor little boy being miserable. He doesn't deserve this.

No comments: