Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm Back...

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've been so busy reading other people's blogs and lurking on Facebook that I didn't have time to work on this. Many apologies to my loyal fans (which I think is all of one).

I'm excited about what's happening this coming weekend so it seemed like a great time to post a note here.

I'm going on my own (no kids, no husband) to visit my Mom for Easter. That in itself would be all fine and well but the part that really has me excited is that I'm staying in a bed and breakfast for my one night and it's going to be a REALLY nice B&B. I will have a big old room to myself with a humongous bed, a little kitchenette, fireplace, AND a jacuzzi tub. Yup. I am treating myself to a $145 a night room. Crazy but I need it. I will be posting a review of this B&B after I return. They just opened in March so everything will be new and I should get some royal treatment.
This is what my bed is going to look like:

The only draw back is it's about half an hour past my Mom's so I will have to do more driving than I'd like. However, I'm focusing on a long soak in that tub, reading a book uninterrupted and lots of rest on Saturday night. This B&B is in the middle of nowhere (town population is 900 something souls) so it should be quiet and peaceful. Ahhhhhh.

Of course, I'm having all sorts of second thoughts about it as I've been researching a number of B&Bs in the area before choosing this one. Hopefully, my concerns will be alleviated after Saturday night. I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow; I think it's just been confirmed that we're somehow psychically connected. I was just--as in about 2 hours ago--thinking about your blog and whether you'd updated it lately and I'd just missed seeing it in my blog feeder. Prior to tonight, I hadn't thought about your blog in a long time--not because it isn't wonderful but because it's been a long time since you've updated. How weird is that?!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful, restful night away from the hubbub of regular life! Read something good and fill me in on how it was when you get back! If I don't get a chance to talk to you sometime this week, have a happy, happy Easter!

jay geenen said...

Hello;
I see you like creative writing and international politics. I have written a novel called 'The Iraqi SoluTion' which is available at my web site of www.jaygeenen.com A little exerpt of the book is on the site, I was very creative, maybe at times backwards, you will see. Have a look, thnaks, The Jay man from Canada